Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Attention all Shiba Inu in or near Kansas City, Missouri!

Have you heard about Troy & Emmie yet? Would you like to meet them, and also be a part of Animal Planet's show Dogs 101? Read on...

Iraq War Veteran Troy Yocum is hiking 7,000 miles across America, banging his drum and sounding the call for $5 million to help military families in need. With Emmie the SuperDog by his side, he took the first step of his 16-month quest on April 17, 2010. Their website is DRUM HIKE

I've spoken with Troy and a rep from Animal Planet (this is for the show Dogs 101) thru a conference call. A lot of ideas are being thrown around, so nothing is set in stone. But, this is what we are hoping for:

To meet Troy & Emmie in Kansas City, MO on Sat. June 26th at an AppleBee's (location to be determined). Troy will be there for a pancake breakfast from 8-10am. Shibas will be on leash of course, while walking with Troy and Emmie as they leave KC. We are hoping to involve MSIR (I will be sending out emails & posts on the yahoo groups).

For now, what we need to know is:

1. How many of you are willing to commit to attending on that Saturday morning? The more Shibas the better obviously! Please email me at c_and_b2002 @ yahoo.com Please note how many Shibas will be attending, as this is very important.

2. If any of you know any military families with a Shiba Inu, please have them contact me asap at c_and_b2002 @ yahoo.com Troy & Animal Planet are hoping to find a way to include them in the segment.

3. Emmie dove into a swamp this morning to chase after baby ducks and lost her Missouri Shiba group bandana. If anyone has one they are willing to give to her, please let me know as well. I will try to find Sushi's though, since he doesn't normally attend, but it might still be packed away. I might be able to get one ordered though.

The other date available is when Troy walks in to KCMO, which is Wed. morning June 23rd. I mentioned Saturday would be a chance of a better turnout, so let's hope it happens on the Saturday!

I will be posting this on Facebook, Twitter, on Sushi's blog, and everywhere I can think of. If I could ask you to do the same, I'm sure Troy & Emmie would greatly appreciate it. I don't mind my email being given out, and people can contact me regarding this.

Thanks!
Bonnie & Sushi

3 comments:

thepaisleyfox said...

I wish we were closer or had the time to drive the 12 hours up there! :( Myself and friends are both military families with Shibas, but we live down here in Dallas.

Hoping for a large turnout!

Tatiana & Bailey said...

That's too bad, would be nice if you could come out. Please spead the news, and I'll be sure to post what I can afterwards.

Unknown said...

We wish we were closer, too! The Drum Hike is an awesome human interest story, though! Have fun...!